Overheating in smartphones is a common thing. It may arise as a result of several factors you can control. Whether it’s playing games for a long time, watching videos, using high-performance apps, or using GPS. Your phone can overheat due to several factors. Common causes of overheating in smartphones include:
- Play high-performance games that require high battery consumption and force the processor to work at maximum.
- Having many applications open running in the background leads to high battery use and, therefore, your mobile overheats.
- Using high-performance apps (video and photo editors, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Streaming for extended periods (Twitch, YouTube, Netflix, HBO)
- Have conversations on the phone for several hours.
- Using GPS for hours.
- Exposing your phone to high temperatures (the sun).
- Charging the phone using a fast charge can cause the device to get very hot.
- Using your phone while charging.
- Virus or malware on your mobile.
- Battery problems (wear and tear).
Restart or Turn Off the Mobile
Restarting or turning off the phone is an action that considerably helps to reduce the temperature of the phone. It is one of the most recommended actions. By doing so, you will close all those applications that are running at that moment, and the processes will stop. It’s the first thing you should do.
Reduce Screen Brightness
It is one of the main things that causes overheating in smartphones. It may be obvious, but reducing the brightness of your Smartphone screen can be the most effective and fastest solution to your overheating problems.
Shut Background Apps
A simple and fundamental action to prevent your mobile from heating up is to close all the programs that are running in the background and that you are not using (games, apps, browser, etc.).
Disable Location and Background Update Feature in Apps
If we go to our phone’s settings, we can deactivate the location and background update function of the applications that we have installed on our mobile. This will avoid consuming resources in the background and thus increasing the temperature of your device.
Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Disabling these two functions for a while can be a very effective solution to reduce the temperature of your mobile. Sometimes, they are the culprits that generate high battery consumption.
Remove the Cover If the Mobile Is Hot
When your Smartphone is very hot, try to remove the cover as quickly as possible since it is used as an insulator and causes the temperature not to drop and can rise. The cover retains heat, so removing it in time will help reduce the temperature faster.